Love Me, Love My Cat
- Former Title(s):
Girl with a Cat
- ca. 1756
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 12 15/16 × 8 7/8 inches (32.9 × 22.5 cm) and Image: 11 3/8 × 8 7/8 inches (28.9 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Love me - Love my Cat.-"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#55"
Lettered, lower left: "P.Mercier Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J. Mc.Ardell fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | cat (domestic cat) | genre subject | love | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, no. 158, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA)