- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 13 3/8 inches (44.2 x 34 cm), Plate: 14 1/2 x 11 inches (36.8 x 27.9 cm), Chine collé: 14 1/8 × 10 5/8 inches (35.9 × 27 cm), and Image: 10 7/8 × 8 5/8 inches (27.7 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Mrs Lister"; inscribed on verso, lower left: "No 4";lower center: "#31"
Lettered in black ink, on chine collé, lower left: "Printed by G. S. Newton. R. A."; on chine collé, lower center: "London Published 1st. Octor. 1834 by Colnaghi Son & Co. Printsellers to the Royal Family, 14, PALL MALL EAST. | and by F C Moon Threadneedle Street."; on chine collé, lower right: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Saml. Cousins."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bows (costume accessories) | bracelet (jewelry) | cloth | costume | cross (object) | curls | dress | earrings | finger rings | gems | gown | hat | headgear | jewelry | lace | necklace | nobility | portrait | ribbon | woman
- Associated People:
- Lewis, Lady Maria Theresa (1803–1865), author
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Mrs. Lister, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.