- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 13 3/8 inches (44.2 x 34 cm), Plate: 14 1/2 x 11 inches (36.8 x 27.9 cm), Chine collé: 14 1/8 × 10 5/8 inches (35.9 × 27 cm), and Image: 10 7/8 × 8 5/8 inches (27.7 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Mrs Lister"; inscribed on verso, lower left: "No 4";lower center: "#31"
Lettered in black ink, on chine collé, lower left: "Printed by G. S. Newton. R. A."; on chine collé, lower center: "London Published 1st. Octor. 1834 by Colnaghi Son & Co. Printsellers to the Royal Family, 14, PALL MALL EAST. | and by F C Moon Threadneedle Street."; on chine collé, lower right: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Saml. Cousins."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelet (jewelry) | cloth | costume | cross (object) | dress | earrings | finger rings | gems | gown | hat | headgear | jewelry | lace | necklace | nobility | portrait | ribbon | woman
- Associated People:
- Lewis, Lady Maria Theresa (1803–1865), author
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Mrs. Lister, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.