- Man of War Moored in Harbor, Mountains in the Background
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 21 × 27 1/16 inches (53.3 × 68.7 cm), Sheet: 17 3/4 × 23 5/8 inches (45.1 × 60 cm), and Contemporary drawn border: 18 3/4 × 24 11/16 inches (47.6 × 62.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J40"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | mountain | ships | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Man of War Moored in Harbor, Mountains in the Background, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.