- Boys Playing at Marbles
- Etching and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 7/8 × 23 1/2 inches (47.9 × 59.7 cm), Plate: 17 1/2 x 21 3/4in. (44.5 x 55.2cm), and Image: 15 × 20 1/4 inches (38.1 × 51.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "10."; lower center: "48"; lower right: "531 | 307"
Lettered below image: "Painted by R.M.Paye | Aquatinta by F.Jukes | Boys Playing at Marbles. | London Publish'd Octr. 13. 1786 by Jas. Birchall No. 473 Strand | Engrav'd by R.Pollard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | children | churchyard | columns | genre subject | marbles
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Pollard, 1755–1838, British, Boys Playing at Marbles, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.