IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Pollard, 1755–1838, British, Boys Playing at Marbles, 1786
Boys Playing at Marbles
- Etching and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 7/8 × 23 1/2 inches (47.9 × 59.7 cm), Plate: 17 1/2 x 21 3/4in. (44.5 x 55.2cm), Image: 15 × 20 1/4 inches (38.1 × 51.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "10."; lower center: "48"; lower right: "531 | 307"
Lettered below image: "Painted by R.M.Paye | Aquatinta by F.Jukes | Boys Playing at Marbles. | London Publish'd Octr. 13. 1786 by Jas. Birchall No. 473 Strand | Engrav'd by R.Pollard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | children | churchyard | columns | genre subject | marbles
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Painters and Engraving - The Reproductive Print from Hogarth to Wilkie (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-03-26 - 1980-06-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.