- Mary Dickinson as the Country Girl
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 x 9 3/16 inches (29.3 x 23.4 cm), Plate: 10 5/16 x 7 11/16 inches (26.2 x 19.6 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 x 7 13/16 inches (21.8 x 19.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "A27059 (underlined) | nx-"; lower center: "#91"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by W Peters R.A."; lower center: "London Publish'd Mar.1st 1778"; lower right: "Engrav'd by W,, Dickinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | bonnet | costume | gaze | hat | ovals | peasant | plaid | portrait | posing | solemn | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Mary Dickinson as the Country Girl, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.