Miss Elizabeth Stephenson, later Elizabeth Savile, Countess of Mexborough
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 15 1/8 × 11 inches (38.4 × 27.9 cm) and 10 3/8 × 8 9/16 inches (26.4 × 21.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "#9952"; lower center: "265 Countess of marlborrough the only state | see chaloness Smith"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by W. Peters~"; lower center: "Miss Stephenson.~ | Published Sept.r 30th, 1776, by W. Dickinson Henrietta Street Covent Garden & T. Watson No. 142 New Bond Street"; lower right: "Engraved by W. Dickinson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | gazing | gown | hand | harp | lyre | music | portrait | posing | profile | sheet music | solemn | trees | woman
- Associated People:
Savile (nee Stephenson), Elizabeth (1760s - 1821), Countess of Mexborough
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Miss Elizabeth Stephenson, later Elizabeth Savile, Countess of Mexborough, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.