An Egyptian Vulture
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, brown ink and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted on board
- Mount: 20 9/16 × 26 7/16 inches (52.2 × 67.2 cm), Sheet: 17 1/8 × 24 inches (43.5 × 61 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on mount, lower left: "Egyptian - Vulture LT"; inscribed in pen, with black ink, verso, lower right: "NEOPHRON PERCNOPTERUS Egyptian Vulture"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | ornithology | science | taxonomy (discipline) | vultures
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.