- Sunshine of Love
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engraving on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 13 7/8 inches (44.2 x 35.2 cm), Plate: 15 1/2 x 12 5/16 inches (39.4 x 31.3 cm), and Image: 11 15/16 x 9 1/2 inches (30.4 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#30"; on back, lower right: "C4892 | Sells mme /q /-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by John Raoux. | Deposé a la direction."; lower center: "LONDON, PUBLISHED OCTOBER 2, 1837, BY THOMAS BOYS. PRINTSELLER TO HIS LATE MAJESTY, XI, GOLDEN SQUARE. | à Paris, Rittner & Goupil, Boulevard Montmartre, No. 12."; lower right: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins, A. R. A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bows (costume accessories) | box (container) | bracelets (jewelry) | costume | curtains | drapery | dress | flowers (plants) | genre subject | gown | headpiece | interior | jewelry | love | love letter | man | miniature (painting) | pearls | portrait | reading | ruffle | smile | table | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Sunshine of Love, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.