IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Sunshine of Love, 1837
Sunshine of Love
- Additional Title(s):
Young Woman Reading a Letter
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engraving on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 13 7/8 inches (44.2 x 35.2 cm), Plate: 15 1/2 x 12 5/16 inches (39.4 x 31.3 cm), Image: 11 15/16 x 9 1/2 inches (30.4 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#30"; on back, lower right: "C4892 | Sells mme /q /-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by John Raoux. | Deposé a la direction."; lower center: "LONDON, PUBLISHED OCTOBER 2, 1837, BY THOMAS BOYS. PRINTSELLER TO HIS LATE MAJESTY, XI, GOLDEN SQUARE. | à Paris, Rittner & Goupil, Boulevard Montmartre, No. 12."; lower right: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins, A. R. A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bows (costume accessories) | box (container) | bracelets (jewelry) | costume | curtains | drapery | dress | flowers (plants) | genre subject | gown | headpiece | interior | jewelry | love | love letter | man | miniature (painting) | pearls | portrait | reading | ruffle | smile | table | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.