William Lord Newbottle and His Sister
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/8 × 14 1/8 inches (48.6 × 35.9 cm) and Image: 17 9/16 x 14 1/16 inches (44.6 x 35.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "9319 (encircled)"; on back, lower center: "#14"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Cath Reid pinxit"; lower center: "Ryland, Bryer & Co excudit."; lower right: "Val. Green fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | boy | brother | children | coat | collar | curtains | dove | drapery | girl | lace | nobility | portrait | sister
- Associated People:
- Dormer, Lady Robert-Evelyn-Pierrepoint (1765–1822)
Kerr, William, 6th Marquess of Lothian (1763–1824)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, William Lord Newbottle and His Sister, 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.