Rabbi with a White Turban
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 24 7/8 × 17 15/16 inches (63.2 × 45.6 cm), Plate: 20 1/16 × 14 inches (51 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 × 13 15/16 inches (45.7 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Barris: | A Jew Rabbi - a very scaves Proof | First Proof"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "This impression is [...] | [...] 1862"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: [...]Morgan [...] 3573 [...] | R.7049" | 18"
Lettered, lower left: "Rembrandt Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "W.Pether Sculpt, 1778"; lettered, lower center: "J. Boydell Exct. | Publishd Feby 2nd 1778 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | bust | candle | clasp | cloak | elder | jewels | Judaism | rabbi | religious and mythological subject | skull | snake | statue | turban | white (color)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Pether, ca. 1738–1821, British, Rabbi with a White Turban, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.