Susanna and the Elders
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 × 21 1/4 inches (46.4 × 54 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Not cat | of | Putt Dec.14.91"; inscribed, lower right: "575"; inscribed lower center: "4v"
"Rembrandt Pinxit. | John Boydell excudil, 1769. | Susanna and the Elders. | From the Original Pictured by Rembrandt in the Collection of Sr Jos a Reynolds. | Size of the Picture F. 9| 2" 5 1/2 by 3" 0 in Lenght. | Publish'd June 12. 1769 by J. Boydell, Engraver in Cheapside London. | R. Earlom fecit." (within image) Lettered in black ink, lower right: "Rembrandt 1647"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | bathing | braids | elders | fear | garden | honor | lust | religious and mythological subject | servants | trees | voyeurism | water | wife
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Susanna and the Elders, 1769