The Tribute Money
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 16 1/4 × 20 1/4 inches (41.3 × 51.4 cm), 15 3/4 × 19 7/8 inches (40 × 50.5 cm), and 15 × 19 7/8 inches (38.1 × 50.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "201. b TT"; lower center: "57"; lower right: "576A"
Lettered below image: "Rembrandt Pinxt. | From the Original in the Collection of John Blackwood Esqr. | Js McArdell fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | Christianity | crowd | disciples | halo | mantle | New Testament | pay | pew | religious and mythological subject | tax collector | teaching | temple | turbans
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
Peter, the Apostle, St. (ca. 1 BC - ca. 68 AD)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, The Tribute Money, undated