Print made by Frederik Christiaan Bierweiler, active 1800–1831, Dutch, De Geboorten, ca. 1820
- Additional Title(s):
The Adoration of the Magi
- ca. 1820
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 1/4 × 20 7/8 inches (66.7 × 53 cm), Plate: 24 1/4 × 17 inches (61.6 × 43.2 cm), and Image: 23 × 17 inches (58.4 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "18 1/2 / 24 3/4 | No.11"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adoration of the kings: the Wise Men present their gifts to the Christ-child (gold, frankincense and myrrh) | archway | awe | baby | birth | Christianity | gifts | halo | Holy Family, and derived representations | manger | New Testament | religious and mythological subject | soldiers | spears | turban
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
The Three Wise Men
The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.