- Additional Title(s):
- ca. 1820
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 3/8 × 20 1/2 inches (67 × 52.1 cm), Plate: 24 1/4 × 17 inches (61.6 × 43.2 cm), and Image: 23 × 17 inches (58.4 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "No.12"
Lettered below image: "P.P.Rubens, pinxt. | DE BEGRAVING. | F.C.Bierweiler, Sculpt | Proefdruk. | Uigegeven te Amsterdam by J. Groenewoud, Jz. op de | Princegracht by de Utreschse Straat in No.26."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- burial | Christianity | cloth | death | graves | linen | men | mourning | nails | New Testament | tomb | white | women
- Associated People:
Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederik Christiaan Bierweiler, active 1800–1831, Dutch, De Begraving, ca. 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.