- The Encampment at Brighton
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 13/16 × 25 7/8 inches (52.9 × 65.7 cm) and Image: 19 9/16 × 25 11/16 inches (49.7 × 65.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "33"
Lettered, lower center: "THE ENCAMPMENT AT BRIGHTON. | London, Published May 1, 1796, by Colnaghi & Co. No. 132, Pall Mall."; letterd, lower left: "F. Wheatley R.A. pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J. Murphy sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Murphy, c.1748–1820, British, The Encampment at Brighton, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.