The Full of the Honeymoon
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 × 19 7/8 inches (66 × 50.5 cm), Plate: 24 × 17 7/8 inches (61 × 45.4 cm), and Image: 21 3/4 × 17 7/8 inches (55.2 × 45.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "25 1/2 x 19 1/2"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "622"
Lettered inside image, center right: "Dr Hamet"; below image: "Painted by F.Wheatley | Engraved by R.Laurie | THE FULL OF THE HONEY - MOON. | The Honey moon scarce full, the Bride-groom cloys, | And Seeks a Wanton's Arms to prove new joys; | The Bride discovers all, and in vexation, | Resolves to punish by retaliation. | Published 1st Sepr. 1789 by Robt. Sayer, 53 Fleet-Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- candle | couple | genre subject | letter | night
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Laurie, 1755?–1836, British, The Full of the Honeymoon, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.