- Thomas King and Mrs. Baddeley
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 3/4 x 22 5/8 inches (47.6 x 57.5 cm), Plate: 18 1/4 x 21 7/8 inches (46.4 x 55.6 cm), and Image: 16 7/8 x 21 7/8 inches (42.9 x 55.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J Zoffany pinxt"; lower center: "R Sayer, excudit | Publish'd November 1st., 1772 by R Sayer, No 53, Fleet Street"; lower right: "Rd Earlom sculpst | 1772"
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "#7"; lower right: "632"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | coat | corsage | dress | hat | kerchief | park (grounds) | portrait | tree
- Associated People:
- Baddeley, Sophia (1745?–1786), actress and singer
King, Thomas (1730–1805), actor and theatre manager
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
C. A. Lennox-Boyd, Theatre: the age of Garrick, English mezzotints from the collection of the Hon. Christopher Lennox-Boyd , Christopher Lenox-Boyd, London, 1994, pp. 41-43, no. 18, NE1816 G7 L45 1994 (YCBA)
John Chaloner Smith, British mezzotinto portraits, being a descriptive catalogue of these engravings from the introduction of the art to the early part of the present century : arranged according to the engravers, the inscriptions given at full length, and the variations of state precisely set forth : acc , Martino Pub., Mansfield Centre, CT, 2004, v.1, p.52, Earlom no. 26, NE1816.G7 S58 2004
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Thomas King and Mrs. Baddeley, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.