IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, William Shakespeare, 1849
- Mezzotint on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 1/4 x 17 1/8 inches (56.5 x 43.5 cm), Plate: 15 1/4 x 12 1/8 inches (38.7 x 30.8 cm), Image: 9 7/8 x 8 inches (25.1 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "No.500 L.J.Z."
Lettered lower center: "Samuel Cousins, A.R.A. | William Shakespeare. | From the Chandos Portrait in the possession of the Earl of Ellesmere | Engraved for the Shakespeare Society, June, 1849"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | coat | collar | earring | moustache | portrait
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.