Hagar and Ishmael
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint (proof before all letters) on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 25 7/8 × 19 5/8 inches (65.7 × 49.8 cm), Plate: 20 1/8 × 15 3/4 inches (51.1 × 40 cm), Image: 16 1/8 × 11 3/4 inches (41 × 29.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Agar & Ishmael | 15 + 21 | #55"; lower left: "109.1812"; lower right: "J.M. Pasworth No.20"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | baby | Christianity | cloak | drinking | headscarf | holding | Judaism | mother | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | son | stream | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Say, 1768–1834, British, Hagar and Ishmael, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.