Study of a Thistle
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (18.4 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "JWD. RA. | JW"
Collector's mark: T.E. Lowinsky collector's mark "TEL"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "JWD. RA. | JW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | botany | plant | science | still life | thistle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.