- An English Sloop Engaging a Dutch Man of War
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 7 inches (26.4 × 17.8 cm), Plate: 6 × 4 3/8 inches (15.2 × 11.1 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 × 4 3/8 inches (14 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Cal"
Lettered below image, lower center: "332. An English Sloop engaging a Dutch Man of War. | Printed for Bowles & Carver, No. 69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, London. Published as the Act directs, 4 June 1795."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, An English Sloop Engaging a Dutch Man of War, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.