Dinant, No. 1: Southwest View
- between 1818 and 1828
- Mezzotint and etching, printed in brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 8 3/4 x 11 3/4 inches (22.3 x 29.9 cm), 8 3/4 x 11 9/16 inches (22.2 x 29.4 cm), and 7 5/16 x 10 11/16 inches (18.5 x 27.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "10 (A)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Arnald."; lower center: "Dinant. | S. W. view."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | canoes | church | cityscape | cliffs | clouds | genre subject | labor | men | oars | onion dome | poles | river | riverbanks | rowing | sampans | shore (landform) | spire | town | trees | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Collegiate Church of Notre-Dame | Dinant | Meuse | Namur | Wallonie
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Arnald, 1763–1841, British, Dinant, No. 1: Southwest View, between 1818 and 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.