Bouvignes and Dinant
- Mezzotint and etching, printed in brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 11/16 × 11 3/4 inches (22.1 × 29.8 cm) and Image: 7 3/16 x 10 1/4 inches (18.2 x 26.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "10 (a)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Arnald A R A"; lower center: "Bouvignes & Dinant."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | canoes | cargo | church | cityscape | cliffs | clouds | flag | fort | genre subject | hills | horses (animals) | landscape | marine art | men | mountains | onion dome | river | riverbanks | road | sampans | shore (landform) | spire | trade | transportation | trees | wagons
- Associated Places:
- Belgium | Bouvignes-sur-Meuse | Collegiate Church of Notre-Dame | Dinant | Meuse | Namur | Wallonie
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Arnald, 1763–1841, British, Bouvignes and Dinant, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.