- Venus and Adonis
- between 1680 and 1725
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 × 10 inches (31.8 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: #40"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | bow | chariot | cherubs | cupid | dogs | embrace | forest | goddess | landscape | love | man | religious and mythological subject | river | spear | swans | trees | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Venus and Adonis, between 1680 and 1725
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.