- between 1779 and 1786
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 × 10 1/2 inches (37.5 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 13 3/4 × 9 7/8 inches (34.9 × 25.1 cm), and Image: 12 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (31.8 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "#144 | L439"
Lettered below image, lower center: "Venus Bathing | From an Original Picture by Tassaert, in the possession of Wm. Allen | Printed for Wm. Allen, No.88 Dame-street, Dublin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | cloth | flowers (plants) | goddess | landscape | necklaces | pearls | religious and mythological subject | rocks | sash | smiling | tree | waterfall
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, Venus Bathing, between 1779 and 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.