IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, The Holy Family, undated
The Holy Family
- Mezzotint on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 × 11 5/8 inches (39.7 × 29.5 cm), Plate: 14 3/4 × 10 7/8 inches (37.5 × 27.6 cm), Image: 13 7/8 × 10 7/8 inches (35.2 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "The Holy Family"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "172"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bald | boys | camel hair | Christianity | family | father | headscarf | Holy Family with John the Baptist (as child) | infant | kissing | kneeling | mother | religious and mythological subject | saints | sitting | staff | worship
- Associated People:
- John the Baptist (c. 6 BC–c. AD 36)
The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.