The Quakers' Meeting
- between 1683 and 1688
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 7 1/16 inches (24.8 × 18 cm) and Image: 9 3/16 x 7 inches (23.4 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Same done by Gole - reversed, | with title in Dutch | 5588 | 335"; on back, lower right: "50 | 5588 | [o-shaped mark] 3-6"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "E. HKerck pinx: I Beckett fe:"; lower center: "The Quakers Meeting"; lower right: "Sold by I Beckett at the golden head | in the Old (Barly,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | arch | barrel | bench | bertha collars | gathering | genre subject | hats | interior | listening | meeting | men | Quakers | religious and mythological subject | talking | window | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Beckett, 1652/3–1719, British, The Quakers' Meeting, between 1683 and 1688
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.