The Quakers' Meeting
- between 1683 and 1688
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 9 3/4 × 7 1/16 inches (24.8 × 18 cm) and Image: 9 3/16 x 7 inches (23.4 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Same done by Gole - reversed, | with title in Dutch | 5588 | 335"; on back, lower right: "50 | 5588 | [o-shaped mark] 3-6"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "E. HKerck pinx: I Beckett fe:"; lower center: "The Quakers Meeting"; lower right: "Sold by I Beckett at the golden head | in the Old (Barly,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | arch | barrel | bench | bertha collars | gathering | genre subject | hats | interior | meeting | men | Quakers | window | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Beckett, 1652/3–1719, British, The Quakers' Meeting, between 1683 and 1688
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.