The Dutch School
- between 1683 and 1688
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 9/16 x 10 1/4 inches (34.4 x 26 cm), Plate: 12 x 9 1/8 inches (30.5 x 23.1 cm), Image: 11 1/8 x 9 inches (28.2 x 22.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Same picture engv'd by Gole - reversed."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HKerk pinx:"; lower center: "The Dutch School"; lower right: "I Beckett fect : ex"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons (main garments) | bench | boys | chair | classroom | coat | collars (neckwear) | crouching | crying | desk | Dutch | education | genre subject | gesture | girls | ink bottles | interior | lamp | papers | quill (feather) | reading | school | students | teacher | trousers
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Beckett, 1652/3–1719, British, The Dutch School, between 1683 and 1688
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.