- The Barber
- between 1670 and 1690
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 x 5 1/2 inches (20.2 x 14 cm) and Plate: 7 3/4 x 5 3/8 inches (19.7 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Blooteling? | Brow[...]? | 426a"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "AB ex"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bald | barber | caricature | cloak | genre subject | hats | laughing | men | mole | peasants | portrait | satire | senses | smiling | tools | touch
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, The Barber, between 1670 and 1690
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.