- A School Boy (William Elmer)
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 × 8 7/8 inches (32.9 × 22.5 cm) and Image: 10 1/2 x 8 7/8 inches (26.6 x 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "#292 Rare"
Lettered, lower center: "~~A School Boy~~~ | London.Printer for Rob.t Sayer, No53 Fleet STreet, as teh Act directs, 26 June, 1772."; lower right under image: "B. Clowes fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | coat | genre subject | ink | paper | portrait | profile | quill | school | student | studying | thoughtful | writing (processes) | writing (processes)
- Associated People:
- Elmer, William (born ca.1761 - died after 1799), still-life painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Butler Clowes, active 1768, died 1782, British, A School Boy (William Elmer), 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.