- St. Paul
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 9/16 inches (37.8 × 26.8 cm), Plate: 12 7/8 × 8 13/16 inches (32.7 × 22.4 cm), and Image: 11 7/16 × 8 3/4 inches (29.1 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1976"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "289"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1684-1756 | ER J.IX.p.88 N31 | 419.a.I | [...] | II p.46 [...]"
Lettered, lower left: "Sr.Ant.y Van Dyke Pinxt."; lettered, lower center: "ST. PAUL. | Done from an Original Painting in the Collection | of the Right Honourable John Lord Viscount Tyrconnel. | London Printed for Robt. Sayer, opposite Fetter Lane, Fleet Street."; lettered, lower right: "J. Faber Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | cloak | man | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Paul, the Apostle, St. (c. AD 5–c. AD 67)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, St. Paul, 1741
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.