- Youth Playing Bagpipes
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately thick, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 × 8 7/8 inches (32.6 × 22.6 cm) and Image: 11 3/8 x 8 7/8 inches (28.9 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "e\"; on back, lower center: "405. 3. II. | 264"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Ph. Mercier, Pinxt."; lower center: "Rural Life. | London Printed for Robt,, Sayer, Jno,, Ryall & Robt,, Withy in Fleet Street."; lower right: "J. Faber fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bagpipes | boy | child | collar | genre subject | hat | music | rural | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, p. 46, no. 178, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Youth Playing Bagpipes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.