- The Crucifixion
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 4 1/2 inches (18.7 × 11.5 cm) and Image: 6 7/8 x 4 1/2 inches (17.5 x 11.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "W: Faithorne Fec:"; lower right: "E:Cooper ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apple | blood | buildings | Christ on the cross on Golgotha (alone, without bystanders) | clouds | cross (object) | crown | crown of thorns | crucifixion | dying | Passion cycle | religious and mythological subject | serpent | specific types of crucified Christ (in non-narrative context) - DD - Christ beardless | stone | thorns | wound
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, 1656–ca. 1701, British, The Crucifixion, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.