Sylvio and Dorinda
- Part Of:
- between 1680 and 1703
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 9 1/8 × 12 5/8 inches (23.1 × 32 cm) and Image: 8 7/8 x 12 5/8 inches (22.5 x 32 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "#290"
Lettered, lower left: "W. Faithorne fec:"; lower center: "SYLVIO and DORINDA"; lower right: "E Cooper Ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archer | arrows | bow | bushes | cape | dog (animal) | drama | genre subject | hunter | hunters | Il Pastor Fido (The Faithful Shepherd), 1590 | men | mythology | old | pastoral | pelt | putti | running | sandals | togas | tragedy | tree | trees | woman | woods
- Associated People:
Sylvio, the huntsman
Dorinda, the nymph
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, 1656–ca. 1701, British, Sylvio and Dorinda, between 1680 and 1703
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.