Sylvio and Dorinda
- Part Of:
- between 1680 and 1703
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 9 1/8 × 12 5/8 inches (23.1 × 32 cm) and 8 7/8 x 12 5/8 inches (22.5 x 32 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "#290"
Lettered, lower left: "W. Faithorne fec:"; lower center: "SYLVIO and DORINDA"; lower right: "E Cooper Ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archer | arrows | bow | bushes | cape | dog (animal) | drama | dying | falling | genre subject | holding | hunter | hunters | Il Pastor Fido (The Faithful Shepherd), 1590 | leopard | literary theme | men | mythology | nymph | old | pastoral | pelt | putti | running | sandals | togas | tragedy | tree | trees | woman | woods | wound
- Associated People:
Sylvio, the huntsman
Dorinda, the nymph
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, 1656–ca. 1701, British, Sylvio and Dorinda, between 1680 and 1703