Sancta Maria Magdalena
- between 1686 and 1703
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 12 1/16 x 8 15/16 inches (30.7 x 22.7 cm), 11 3/4 x 8 3/4 inches (29.8 x 22.3 cm), and 10 9/16 x 8 3/4 inches (26.9 x 22.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "5 - 0 377"
Lettered, lower left: "Guido Rene pinx:"; lower center: "Sancta Maria Magdalena | W. Faithorne fecit"; lower right: "E Cooper ex: Cum Privilegis Regis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Christian | drapery | gaze | gesturing | long hair | mother | portrait | posing | religious and mythological subject | robes | saint
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, 1656–ca. 1701, British, Sancta Maria Magdalena, between 1686 and 1703
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.