- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/16 x 10 1/16 inches (36 x 25.6 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 1/2 inches (25.2 x 19.1 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 x 7 1/2 inches (21.8 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "329"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved from an original Drawing by Edwd Fisher. | London, Printed for R. Sayer & J. Bennett, No.53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs 20 Dec.r 1776."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | buttons | cape | cloak | curls | dressing | gesturing | illustration | lace | literary theme | long hair | oval | poet | portrait | posing | ruffs | tassels | The Vicar of Wakefield (1766) | vest
- Associated People:
- Goldsmith, Oliver (1728?–1774), author
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Edwin, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.