- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 x 7 13/16 inches (26.5 x 19.8 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 1/2 inches (25.3 x 19 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (22.2 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, upper left: "Vut | S - 2886"; lower center, in graphite: "410 Vicar of Wakefield - Lucilla"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved from an Original Picture by Edw.d Fisher. | London, Printed for R. Sayer & J. Bennett No.53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs 20 Dec.r 1776"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape | cross (motif) | gaze | gesture | illustration | letter | literary theme | necklace | oval | papers | posing | profile | reading | rosary | sleeves | The Vicar of Wakefield (1766) | veil | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.