IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Louis de Fontaine, active 1723–1757, French, Wandering Musicians, undated
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 9/16 × 4 7/16 inches (14.1 × 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "L. Fontaine | 393"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrel | benches | church | drinking glasses | entertainment | fences | genre subject | listening | men | minstrels | music | musicians | playing | pots | sitting | town | travel | tree | violin | wandering | watching
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.