IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Augustus, undated
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 7 9/16 inches (25.6 x 19.2 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 x 7 3/16 inches (25.6 x 18.3 cm), Image: 9 1/4 x 7 1/8 inches (23.5 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "407"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "I Gole Fe et Ex Amstedami | Schoon dat de Lantman 't lant wat Smertelyk valtjnt Sayen, | Hy is weer wel vernoegt als hy't met winst mag mayen."; lower center: "AUGUSTUS | 8"; lower right: "Cum Privil Ord Holl et West Srifice | Des tresors de Ceres nos campagnes sont pleines, | Et nous cueillons en fin le doux fruit de nos peines."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | bale | costume | field | flounces | genre subject | goddess | gown | grain | harvest | lace | landscape | mountains | mythology | necklace | sickle | statue | tool | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- Ceres, Roman deity
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fancy Pieces - Genre Mezzotints by Robert Robinson & His Contemporaries (Yale Center for British Art, 1994-11-19 - 1995-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.