Lady and Child
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 7 3/8 × 5 13/16 inches (18.8 × 14.8 cm) and Image: 7 1/4 x 5 13/16 inches (18.4 x 14.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "? if Schevick or Gole"; on back, lower left: "T (underlined)"; on back, lower center: "424 Gole?"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balustrade | building | child | costume | dog (animal) | dresses | earrings | embroidery | feathers | genre subject | girl | grapes | headpieces | leash | necklace | nobility | railing | reaching | ruffles | tassels | trees | urn | vines | walking | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print attributed to Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Lady and Child, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.