Young Man Playing Violin
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait of the Painter Daniel Boon
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (24.8 x 19 cm), Plate: 6 1/16 x 4 3/4 inches (15.4 x 12.1 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 x 4 1/2 inches (14.6 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "[...]dyck(?) | Wagler Monger(?): | vol. 3. p 222 No. 681 | After H Bloemaert. | F. Breilliat, Monger(?) | vol 1. #696. | Probably engraved by J. Gole."; on back, lower center: "Portrait of the painter | Daniel Boon. | #197"; on back, lower right: "8 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HB. Pin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | cloak | feathers | genre subject | hat | music | violin
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print attributed to Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Young Man Playing Violin, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.