- Young Man Playing Violin
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (24.8 x 19 cm), Plate: 6 1/16 x 4 3/4 inches (15.4 x 12.1 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 x 4 1/2 inches (14.6 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "[...]dyck(?) | Wagler Monger(?): | vol. 3. p 222 No. 681 | After H Bloemaert. | F. Breilliat, Monger(?) | vol 1. #696. | Probably engraved by J. Gole."; on back, lower center: "Portrait of the painter | Daniel Boon. | #197"; on back, lower right: "8 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HB. Pin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | cloak | feathers | genre subject | hat | music | violin
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print attributed to Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Young Man Playing Violin, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.