IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print attributed to Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Young Man Playing Violin, undated
Young Man Playing Violin
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait of the Painter Daniel Boon
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (24.8 x 19 cm), Plate: 6 1/16 x 4 3/4 inches (15.4 x 12.1 cm), Image: 5 3/4 x 4 1/2 inches (14.6 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "[...]dyck(?) | Wagler Monger(?): | vol. 3. p 222 No. 681 | After H Bloemaert. | F. Breilliat, Monger(?) | vol 1. #696. | Probably engraved by J. Gole."; on back, lower center: "Portrait of the painter | Daniel Boon. | #197"; on back, lower right: "8 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HB. Pin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | cloak | feathers | genre subject | hat | music | violin
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.