IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Jacob Gole, 1660–1737, Dutch, Louis, Dauphin of France, undated
Louis, Dauphin of France
- Additional Title(s):
Louis Dauphin de France
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 7 5/16 inches (25.8 x 18.6 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 1/16 inches (25.3 x 18 cm), Image: 9 1/8 x 7 1/16 inches (23.1 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "J"; on back, center: "239 (encircled) | 181-"; on back, lower left: "H 290 10-)"; on back, lower center: "Jacobus Gole | 1660-1740 | 21 x 14"; on back, lower right: "a/"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. Gole exc: cum Privilegio Amstelodami."; lower center: "Louis Dauphin de France."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- badge | coat | costume | cravat | drapery | fringe | gesture | man | medal | portrait | royalty | staffs | tassels | wig
- Associated People:
- Louis of France (1 November 1661 – 14 April 1711)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.