Emma, or the Child of Sorrow
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 9 9/16 inches (31.5 x 24.3 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 x 7 11/16 inches (26 x 19.6 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 11/16 inches (22.2 x 19.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "313"; on back, lower right: "S. 148 | p116 x 64"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Josiah Boydell, Pinxit."; lower center: "EMMA, | OR THE CHILD OF SORROW. | Published by J. Boydell, Engraver in Cheapside, London, March 1st. 1776."; lower right: "V. Green, Engraver to his Majesty, fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | curls | dress | genre subject | girl | oval | ribbon | sadness | sorrow
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Emma, or the Child of Sorrow, 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.