Pamela and Philoclea
- Part Of:
- ca. 1777
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 8 inches (22.3 x 20.3 cm), Plate: 8 9/16 x 7 1/2 inches (21.7 x 19 cm), and Image: 8 5/16 x 7 1/2 inches (21.1 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "3"; on back, lower center: "Pamela + Phyloclea"; on back, lower right: "3h45 | S.155"
Collector's mark: "[CB]"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir P,, Lely pinxt:"; lower right: "Engrav'd by V. Green, Engraver to | [remainder cropped off]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bergère hat | dresses | flowers (plants) | hats | literary theme | necklace | oval | pearls | shepherd's crook | shepherdesses | sisters | The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia | women
- Associated People:
- Pamela (character in Arcadia)
Philoclea (character in Arcadia)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Pamela and Philoclea, ca. 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.