Pamela and Philoclea
- Part Of:
- ca. 1777
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 8 inches (22.3 x 20.3 cm), Plate (lower plate mark cropped off): 8 9/16 x 7 1/2 inches (21.7 x 19 cm), and Image: 8 5/16 x 7 1/2 inches (21.1 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "3"; on back, lower center: "Pamela + Phyloclea"; on back, lower right: "3h45 | S.155"
Collector's mark: "[CB]"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir P,, Lely pinxt:"; lower right: "Engrav'd by V. Green, Engraver to | [remainder cropped off]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bergère hat | dresses | flowers (plants) | hats | literary theme | necklace | oval | pearls | shepherd's crook | shepherdesses | sisters | The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia | women
- Associated People:
- Pamela (character in Arcadia)
Philoclea (character in Arcadia)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Pamela and Philoclea, ca. 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.