The Social Friends
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 11 7/16 inches (40 x 29 cm), Plate: 11 1/8 x 15 3/8 inches (28.2 x 39 cm), and Image: 11 1/8 x 13 3/4 inches (28.2 x 35 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "#83"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. Greenwood fecit."; lower center: "THE SOCIAL FRIENDS. | After a Picture of the same size, painted by David Teniers. | Publish'd by Henry Parker, at No 82 in Cornhill, Octr,, 20, 1768."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | chairs | drinking | eating | food | gathering | genre subject | hats | interior | jars | jugs | men | peasants | pipes (smoking equipment) | smoke | smoking (activity) | tobacco | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Greenwood, 1727–1792, American, active in Britain (from 1763), The Social Friends, 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.