La petite marchande de carpe
- Additional Title(s):
The Little Carp Merchant
- ca. 1775
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (31.7 x 21.2 cm), Plate: 11 7/16 x 7 5/16 inches (29.1 x 18.6 cm), and Image: 10 5/16 x 7 5/16 inches (26.2 x 18.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "369"
Lettered, lower center: "La Petite Marchande de Carpeo. | No.1. Franz. Heifsig Cath. Sculp.et excud. Aug. Vind."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bodice | bonnet | business | carps | clouds | fish | genre subject | girl | labor | merchant | peasant | selling | smiling | turban | work
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Franz Carl Heissig, active 1770, La petite marchande de carpe, ca. 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.