- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 14 7/8 × 10 11/16 inches (37.8 × 27.1 cm), 13 7/8 × 9 13/16 inches (35.2 × 24.9 cm), and 13 5/16 × 9 11/16 inches (33.8 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "S129 | #45"
Lettered, lower left: "F. Hayman pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "R Houston fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Published according to Act of Parliament Aug.1.1753. | Hearing. L'Ouie. | London Printed for Tho. Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard, & John Bowles & Son at the Black Horse in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | bird cage | bonnet | cap | dress | fichu | flute | genre subject | hearing | marble-topped tables | robe | score | sheet music | table | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Houston, ca. 1721–1775, British, Hearing, 1753