IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Richard Houston, ca. 1721–1775, British, Morning, 1758
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 inches (35.6 × 25.4 cm), Image: 12 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (31.8 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "876"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "R.Houston | 134 T | Morning"; lower left: "Houston, R. (aft. Mercier)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | cups | figure study | food | genre subject | interior | meal | morning | tea | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, pp. 5, 41, no. 198, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.