- Mezzotint on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 inches (35.6 × 25.4 cm) and Image: 12 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (31.8 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "139 TT"
Lettered below image: "Ph. Mercier Pinxt. | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament Jany. 1758 | Rich'd Houston Fecit | MORNING. | Just risen from Repose fair Delia see, | Sipping with secret Joy here favorite Tea; | Thus does the Nymph her Morning hours waste, | And smiles indulgent on the glad Repast | London, Printed for Robt. Sayer opposite Fetter Lane Fleet Street. Price 1s 6d."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | breakfast | cups | food | genre subject | meal | morning | tea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, pp. 5, 41, no. 198, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Houston, ca. 1721–1775, British, Morning, 1758
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.