Flight into Egypt
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 13 11/16 inches (28.3 × 34.8 cm) and Image: 10 7/16 × 13 1/2 inches (26.5 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "#36"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Not cat of | Putt July 9.99"
Lettered, lower left: "Basan pinx."; lettered, lower right: "E.Kirkall fe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | cow | donkey | escape | family | father | flight into Egypt and miracles during the journey | guide | hills | landscape | mother | obedience | ram (animal) | religious and mythological subject | sheep | son | staffs
- Associated People:
The Virgin Mary
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elisha Kirkall, ca. 1682–1742, British, Flight into Egypt, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.